This project is part funded by ERDF
The project aims to improve the use of digital technologies amongst participating SMEs through the delivery of digital technology workshops and 1 to 1 support to 150 SMEs. Support will cover the adoption and use of new digital and mobile technologies, including web optimisation, creating web content, cyber security, social media, e-commerce, finding new routes to market and advice on accessing appropriate finance.
The project will also offer grants to participating SMEs for consultancy not covered by the project. £5,000 Grants will be available for SMEs to procure consultancy support to help them address digital issues specific to their business.
The project has been devised to help businesses in the North Yorkshire area to enhance their use of digital technologies in order to improve the business’s competitiveness. Adopting new technologies can speed up a business’s internal processes, enable flexible new ways of working and transform how a business functions. New technologies can often save a business time and money. Keeping up with digital technologies and incorporating them into the day-to-day activity of a business is essential to remaining competitive in an increasingly digital marketplace.
The project will deliver one to one and workshop support to eligible SMEs with the possibility of a follow on grant to cover the cost of employing a specialist to address business specific digital issues that the company is experiencing. Participating SMEs will receive up to 4 days of support. This will be a mixture of 1 to 1 support with a digital technologies expert and digital workshops. 1 to 1 support subjects covered could include
- digital strategy/planning – adding a digital element to the business plan
- web usability – improving online presence
- photo-video content creation helping SMEs to capture their own photo and video content
- mobile app – storyboarding and concept design
Workshops will cover digital technology based subjects such as
- web site and search engine optimisation
- better use of social media
- using the tablet and hand held devices in small businesses,
- e-commerce and web chat to your website to convert leads online
- cyber security
- managing relationships with customers online
- smarter working
- digital technologies in the manufacturing environment